What Is a Nail Technician? Nail technicians provide a variety of manicure and pedicure services. They give oil manicures/pedicures, apply acrylic nails and nail tips, perform nail repairs, and give hand and foot massages. Nail technicians work directly with clients to ensure positive experiences.
- Location: Ottawa, ON
- Salary: 18.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Financial benefits
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking to hire a detail-orientated nail technician to provide clients with high-quality manicures, pedicures, and nail treatments. The nail technician’s responsibilities include welcoming and greeting clients, ordering new nail supplies as needed, and answering clients’ nail-related questions. You should also be able to build and maintain relationships with clients to encourage repeat nail appointments.
To be successful as a nail technician, you should maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation at all times. Ultimately, an outstanding nail technician should be able to keep abreast of the latest nail products, trends, and techniques to ensure that clients are satisfied with the services provided.
Nail Technician Responsibilities:
- Providing high-quality manicures and pedicures, which includes removing old nail polish from fingernails and toenails, cleaning nails, shaping the ends of nails, pushing back cuticles, and applying new polish based on clients’ preferences.
- Applying artificial nails.
- Recommending various nail designs and nail art to clients.
- Evaluating the condition of clients’ nails and advising them on proper nail care and suitable nail care treatments.
- Sanitizing all nail instruments and equipment before each use.
- Ensuring that workstations are kept clean and orderly.
- Ensuring that nail and massage supplies are adequately stocked.
- Providing quality hand and foot massages.
Nail Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- State manicurist/cosmetologist license.
- Proven experience working as a nail technician.
- In-depth knowledge of manicure and pedicure techniques.
- The ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Detail-orientated and patient.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
Work site environment
- Beauty shop or aesthetic service
- Clean, trim and polish nails
- Nail art technics
- Provide gel and acrylic nail extensions
- Foot massage
- Perform cashiering duties
- Schedule and confirm appointments
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Esthetician certification
Experience and specialization
Area of work experience
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Health care plan
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
780 Baseline Road suite 4