A Kitchen Helper, or Kitchen Assistant, is someone that works in a kitchen assisting the culinary team and Waitstaff to deliver excellent customer service to restaurant patrons. Their primary duties include washing dishes, preparing meal ingredients, and maintaining the kitchen.
- Location: 950 Emerald DrSherwood Park, ABT8H 0W6
- Salary: 15.10 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 4 vacancies
We are looking for a hardworking and dedicated individual to work with us as a Kitchen Helper. You will be responsible for helping in keeping the kitchen areas and equipment clean throughout your shift. You will also be responsible for assisting in basic food preparation.
As a Kitchen Helper, you should possess excellent knowledge of food safety standards and procedures. You should also have an understanding of general kitchen operations and food storage guidelines.
To perform this job role, you should have excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage time efficiently. You should also possess good listening skills and the ability to work for long working hours.
If you have a prior work experience of working as a Kitchen Helper, then send in your applications to us. We would like to meet you.
- Preparing the food ingredients as requested by the Chef.
- Ensuring all the vegetables and meats are fresh.
- Helping in unloading the food deliveries.
- Cleaning the kitchen station all the time.
- Washing the dishes and utensils.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.
- Making sure the kitchen equipment are well cleaned after use.
- Stocking the food items properly in the cold storage.
- Checking the inventory levels and reporting to the Kitchen Manager.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher.
- Collecting dirt and debris after a regular interval of time.
- Emptying the dustbins at the end of the shift.
- Sanitizing the kitchen utensils and plates.
- Maintaining proper sanitation of the kitchen.
- Following all food safety and hygiene standards.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Past experience as a Kitchen Helper, or a related job position in the Hospitality department.
- Knowledge of the National Occupational Standards for Kitchen Helper.
- Ability to communicate efficiently.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects.
- Ability to work in a high temperature working environment.
- Good time management skills.
- Outstanding manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Ability to anticipate problems and deal with them quickly and smartly
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Active listening abilities.
- Willingness to work during weekends, and public holidays.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Bring clean dishes, flatware and other items to serving areas and set tables
- Carrying and replace linen
- Clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts and waste disposal units
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- Load buspans and trays
- Operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware
- Place dishes in storage area
- Replenish condiments and other supplies at tables and serving areas
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Scour pots and pans
- Keep records of the quantities of food used
- Package take-out food
- Portion and wrap foods
- Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Serve customers at counters or buffet tables
- Stock refrigerators and salad bars
- Take customers’ orders
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Sharpen kitchen knives
- Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply