Support workers provide practical and emotional support to individuals with health problems, mental disorders, and emotional difficulties. They look after the well-being of vulnerable people by assisting with day-to-day tasks.
- Location: 6358 138Surrey, BCV3X 1E6
- Salary: 21.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a caring and empathetic support worker to assist our clients with day-to-day tasks. As a support worker, you will be required to meet with clients to assess their practical and emotional needs, draw up care plans, and help them to live as independently as possible. You may also be required to train family and friends in relevant support techniques and to lead community meetings.
To ensure success as a support worker, you should have excellent interpersonal skills, a passion for helping others, and good leadership skills. A skilled support worker should be able to provide both emotional and physical support when needed to ensure that clients feel in control of their lives.
Support Worker Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss their practical and emotional needs.
- Designing care plans that best suit the clients’ needs.
- Providing emotional support by talking to clients about their needs and listening to their concerns.
- Assisting with domestic tasks including shopping, cooking, cleaning, and washing.
- Tending to the healthcare needs of each client.
- Helping clients to apply for jobs, disability grants, and housing loans.
- Counseling clients with drug or alcohol addictions.
- Training family members in basic support techniques.
- Helping clients to participate in leisure activities.
- Making case notes and managing the case logbook.
Support Worker Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A qualification in health and social care is preferable.
- Commitment to helping others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathetic with good listening skills.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to carry out domestic duties.
- Willingness to assist with basic healthcare practices.
- Patient and emotionally resilient.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Work in employer’s/client’s home
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Provide personal care
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply