The Cleaning Supervisor oversees several project sites and their team of cleaners and cleaning tasks. He/She supervises cleaners to carry out their work. He/She inspects the work area cleaned by cleaners.
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Salary: 27.40 to 45.13 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2023-01-20
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
A Housekeeping Supervisor is a professional who monitors the work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure that they are providing a clean, orderly, and attractive environment for guests. They assign duties accordingly while inspecting all aspects to make sure everything meets industry standards and keeps an eye on customer satisfaction.
We are looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to lead our team of room attendants and ensure we provide excellent customer service.
Housekeeping Supervisor responsibilities include organizing employee shifts, training and motivating team members and checking private and public areas for tidiness. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sanitation regulations and team management abilities.
Ultimately, you will help ensure our daily housekeeping operations run smoothly and that guests are satisfied.
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Oversee staff on a daily basis
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including floor cleaner, bleach and rubber gloves
- Participate in large cleaning projects as required
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor or similar role
- Hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for large organizations
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products
- Excellent organizational and team management skills
- Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends
- High school diploma is a plus
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
Work site environment
- At heights
- Confined spaces
- 5-10 people
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
Employment groups This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply