Bakers use their understanding of ingredients and food preparation to mix ingredients according to recipes to make breads, pastries, and other baked goods. They measure and mix raw ingredients, bake and decorate items, and ensure that all raw and finished goods adhere to quality and food safety standards.
- Location: Edmonton, AB
- Salary: 17.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are searching for skilled, creative bakers who strive to provide excellent baked items and service in an efficient, professional manner. The baker will design, execute, and improve recipes, perform quality checks on ingredients and finished products, use icing, glazes, fillings, and decorations to enhance item presentation, and process orders from customers. You will also greet customers, answer questions, clean workstations and equipment, and perform other duties to ensure that customer needs are satisfied and the bakery is well-stocked and operating smoothly.
To be a successful baker, you should be efficient and friendly with a focus on food quality and customer satisfaction. You should be organized, decisive, attentive, and possess a strong understanding of baking techniques.
- Designing and improving recipes.
- Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
- Decorating and displaying finished products.
- Testing ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
- Greeting customers, answering questions, making recommendations, accepting orders and payments, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Keeping records relating to deliveries, inventory, and production levels.
- Taking client information and ensuring that deliveries are fulfilled accurately and on time.
- Cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- More education or experience may be preferred.
- Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Willingness to work independently or with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfill orders, and create amazing baked goods.
- Flexibility to work around customer demands, including early morning, night, weekend, and holiday availability.
- Ability to work in a hot, hectic environment; stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances; and lift heavy items for extended periods.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Bake mixed dough and batters
- Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods
- Draw up production schedules
- Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
How to apply
15945 97 Street